Did you know that more than 1 billion hours of content is viewed online around the globe each day? The use of video media has become more popular than ever with the advent of social media and smartphone technology. When you are developing an online marketing strategy for your business or brand, it is important to prioritize your use of video.
Video Works in Email Campaigns
Email marketing is still one of the most effective and popular marketing methods used by both individuals and professional digital marketers alike. When you insert video media into email campaigns, you are much more likely to increase your CTR, or clickthrough rate. Increasing the CTR in each of your individual email campaigns will ultimately result in driving more traffic along with prospective followers and customers to your official website and social media pages.
Video is Preferred by Social Media Platforms
Uploading and sharing videos onto social media networks is a great way to gain exposure for your business or brand while also catching the eyes of new prospective followers or customers. More than 88% of Twitter users prefer to view videos on Twitter over traditional media formats.
Social Platforms such as Facebook, AllSocial, Instagram, Twitter, and even Snapchat boost and promote users who upload and share video media to their followers with the networks themselves. The more you share video media with your followers, the more likely you are to receive the likes, shares, and exposure you desire.
Take Advantage of In-Depth Metrics
Data and analytics matter when it comes to developing, launching, and managing online campaigns. Using video media is a great way to measure data and metrics in real-time, even as your campaigns are active online. Using in-depth metrics with platforms such as YouTube can help to better understand your core audience and the demographics you are reaching with your content or the subjects you are covering.
Putting analytics and data reports to use can also help with gaining valuable insight into popular trends, keywords, and phrases that are most relevant to your business, brand, and the industry you are representing.
Use Video Media in Your Content Marketing Strategy
Content is still king, whether you are creating a blog on your official website or using your social media presence to share content you have created. Developing informative, unique, and in-depth content for your visitors will not only keep them coming back for more, but it will also encourage them to share your content on their own social media pages.
Whenever you choose to use video within your content marketing strategy, it is important to do so only when the video is relevant to the content you are creating for the audience you want to reach.
Types of Videos to Use
When using videos in your social media marketing campaign, you may feel confused or unsure of where to begin. Once you familiarize yourself with the most popular types of video formats it is much easier to develop an online marketing strategy that is right for you. Some of the most effective and useful types of videos to create with your social media marketing strategy include:
- Demonstrations: Demonstration videos, or demos, provide prospective customers with valuable insight into a product or service you are offering.
- Guides/Tutorials/Explainer Videos: Create explainer/DIY/tutorial videos to guide users through a process of completing a task from start to finish. Create guided explainer videos in a relevant market or industry to your business and brand.
- Testimonials/Reviews: Showcase and highlight reviews and testimonials from real clients or customers in your video to attract new prospective customers and to gain trust.
- Interviews: Video is an ideal format to share interviews with an audience. A visual interview is much more likely to retain the attention of viewers.
- Advertisements: You can also create video advertisements on social media to promote your business, brand, or idea. Launching a video advertisement is possible on various social media platforms, including both Facebook and Instagram. Using tools such as Facebook Ads and Instagram Ads is a great way to launch a video ad with the use of social media. Additionally, using social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram to launch and monitor a video ad is one of the best ways to gain valuable insights into the overall performance of each individual ad you create.
Whether you are building a startup or looking for new ways to spread the message of an existing business, knowing how video is transforming social media marketing is essential to remain relevant among rampant and ever-evolving competition online. With the combination of both video media and social media marketing, maximize your online reach and transform the way you view all future digital campaigns you run.